Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Snow Willows Continued

Continuing in my category vein I would pair Skybreaker by Kenneth Oppel and The Aquanauts by John Lunn in my Science Fantasy/Science Fiction category. I thoroughly enjoyed both! Skybreaker continues the airship adventures of Matt Cruse and Kate De Vries, this time on a search for a ghost ship. In the Aquanauts, sixteen year old Greta Kovachi, tries to find her scientist father after an accident has separated them in time on the ocean floor. Both these novels have well drawn characters, although Oppel's are much more developed. I have to admit I didn't completely understand all the time anomalies in The Aquanauts but I did like the real use of scientific theory. Skybreaker wins by a hair or two. Speaking of science fiction/science fantasy I came across this website tonight that includes reviews of both categories.

No comments: